Friday, January 29, 2010

Rolo Cookies


Confession: I like chocolate best when mixed with caramel!
(twix, skor, rolo, pecan turtles- you get the idea)


Rolo Cookies

2 1/4 c flour

3/4 c cocoa

1 t baking soda

1 c sugar

1 c brown sugar

1 c butter, softened

2 t vanilla

2 eggs

48 Rolo- i bought a 12 oz bag and had more dough than rolos

sugar for rolling


In a small bowl combine flour, cocoa and baking soda
In a large mixing bowl, beat sugars and butter until light and fluffy. Add vanilla and eggs, beat well. Add flour mixture and blend well.


With floured hands wrap about 1 tablespoon of dough around an (unwrapped) rolo. roll in sugar- and place on ungreased cookie sheet. Bake at 375 for 7-10 min- just until they are set and slightly cracked.


Annie thought that they were so good they shouldn't just be cookie of the month- they should be cookie of the year!!

3 comments:

Mushie said...

I agree with Annie I ate three myself! Love the Carmel center
nummy

Tatiana said...

I love these cookies! I can't even look at a pack of Rolos in the store just because of these yummy morsels. Good choice, A. I will try to post a recipe here soon. We should put some of our dinnner swap ideas here. How's that going for you? Ash and I just marked year one. You may know that as a "dinner swap anniversary" present, she bestowed me with the prestigious "Favorites" cookbook. I am very excited/honored to be in that club of ownership.

Jenny H said...

Oh my.
I may never be the same after making these.