Thursday, March 19, 2009

March Cookie of the Month- Mint Oreos!


mint oreo cookies
1 chocolate cake mix
2 eggs
1/3 c. oil

mix well (batter will be thick) scoop onto greased cookie sheet and bake for 7 minutes at 350. For the bigger size I used a Tablespoon and the mini cookies was a teaspoon (which only baked for 5 minutes). My kids loved the little size. Let cool completely and then frost the back of one cookie with mint frosting and stick two together to make a sandwich. enjoy!!
Mint Frosting
1/2 cup butter, softened
4 cups powdered sugar
¼ t salt
1/4 t mint flavoring
1/3 – ½ c milk
green food coloring
P.S. I promise to move beyond green and onto spring this weekend!! happy spring!

8 comments:

Brittany said...

this looks good. I usually just make the plain frosting. I'll have to try the mint!

Tatiana said...

...no you didn't just post mint oreos. no, no, no! Mint anything is my absolute cryptonite! I used to get something very similiar to those at Scmidts in salt lake. I must resist! No seriously, what am I saying? I am so making them. You're the devil, A.

Amanda said...

YES! Thank you, Thank you!

EmilyCC said...

Oooh, these look delicious!

Courtney said...

I too love the little ones! I just might have to make these this weekend too!

Coleen said...

These look amazing. Mint and chocolate is my ultimate food weakness.

Mushie said...

thanks for keeping me inspired!!!
I know I can't go wrong with chocolate and mint.nummy!

Rachel said...

Mmmm, I heard these were easy, but now that I know the recipe, its even better. Thank you from the pregnant lady who was wondering what chocolaty treat she needed to make.