Friday, March 19, 2010

Pizza crust 101


Hi girls! I tried to cut and paste the real recipe, but I had no luck. Ash, get with me on this if it is indeed possible. Here is a link to the actual CPK crust recipe that I have in my CPK cookbook. It must be made the day before, and per the exact instructions. I always double the recipe to make two 12" pizzas. The recipe is totally high maintenance, but the result is chewy, authentic crust. You will never go back to a same-day make dough again. Remember to place the dough on a pre-heated pizza stone.


This link also provides the recipe for the bbq chicken pizza. It is delightful! You must use more red onions than listed, and smoked Gouda is a must! The picture above looks to have bacon on it as well. That is a swell addition.



This link below, will get you the the carbonara pizza recipe that I made just tonight. Add diced Roma tomatoes to the top for color. I really liked it. (Henry still likes the bbq chicken better, and was actually sort of a hater about this pizza.)



FYI, I killed the yeast on the crust that I made last night. Make sure the water is not too hot.
Can I also give a little shout out to Saf yeast? I have failed so much in the past, but this yeast is fool-proof, if you don't kill it, that is. By it at Bowman's, and Dick's. (if you live in the Davis county bubble.) And to you non-Davis county-ites, you know what I mean.

2 comments:

RockinRhoades said...

Maybe just buy a crust from papa murphys. I got that idea from Matti but I liked it. Ashley's crust is good though but I couldn't repeat it.

Ashley C. said...

I am sad that Henry was a hater of the carbonara. Man I thought it was so deliscious. And seriously I have never had a pizza crust of yours that I didnt love. I suppose that pizza crust 101 could be a tutorial at your house that I attend??? lovely...

then we can make A's calzones.... :)