Friday, March 26, 2010

White Bean Chili


white bean chili- might just be my favorite, easy, comfort soup!

White Bean Chili
1 med. onion chopped and sauteed (or 2 T minced dried onion)
3-4 chicken breasts - I cook the chicken separately and add it at the end
2 (15 oz) cans White Great Northern Beans, drained
1/2 can Garbanzo Beans, drained - I find they get softer if I sauté them with the onions
1 can corn, drained (or 1 c. frozen corn)
1 -2 (4 oz) can diced green chilies
1 t cumin
1/2 t lemon pepper
1/2 t salt
3 cups chicken broth
(juice of one lime if I have one!)

Saute the onions and garbanzo beans in a little bit of butter. While they are cooking open all of your cans and pour them into a large pot on the stove. Add the spices, bring to a boil and then reduce heat until serving. Add chicken just before serving so it doesn't get to soft.

Or somedays I just put it all in the crock pot!


Then serve with sour cream, grated cheese, and chips! yum!!


This would also be a great food storage meal- just add canned chicken!

1 comment:

Corinne said...

This is one of my favorite soups...we have it lots. I love it!