Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Shamrock Stamps

Kate and I had a little "alone" time today and we made placemats for our upcoming St. Patrick's Day Dinner! Easy (and cheap) potato stamps using a heart or shamrock cookie cutter.

1. Cut potato in half and push cookie cutter into the flesh of potato.
2. Cut around the cookie cutter.


3. Dip into paint (and make sure you don't get too much on the stamp or it slides.)


4. Three little hearts make great leaves

5. and then paint a stem

Kate also found that two heart shapes also make great butterflies!
(we made 7 placemats! hope that Nicole & Naomi are planning on joining us for dinner!)

8 comments:

Tatiana said...

insanely clever idea! All my kids would love that. I have such fond memories of potato stamping in grade school. Thanks for jogging my memory.

Ashley C. said...

wait? we are not invited for dinner? shucks. guess i should make my own.

good work kate!

Adrianne said...

Ash there is an open invitation at my table!!

I would love to have you come!

Nickposh said...

Yes... we are coming! What time and what can I bring?
Beverages?? Dessert?

Mushie said...

oh so clever!!! I guess i'll just have to settle for tacos and sunshine! Kiss Meggie O a few extra times for mushie and papa!

Courtney said...

Sounds like a family party! Maybe we will crash it too! I love the placemat ideas!

Lauren Parker said...

ohh i wish i could come too. but just like mom said- give my little meggie moo some kisses from me :] i sure do miss you all!

Amanda said...

This is such a cute idea, takes me right back to my childhood... you are cleaver, just like my mom. :)