Thursday, February 26, 2009

Banana Pancakes & Homemade Syrup

Homemade Syrup
1 c. water
2 c. sugar
1/2 t imitation maple flavoring
1/2 t vanilla

Combine water and sugar in a sauce pan and stir frequently to dissolve sugar. Bring to a soft boil. Add maple flavoring and vanilla and then while you are enjoying breakfast allow to simmer and syrup will become (a little) thicker.

Banana Pancakes
1 cup flour
1 T sugar
2 t baking powder
1 egg beaten
1 cup milk
¼ t salt
2 T vegetable oil
1 ripe banana mashed

hint: mash your banana in a small Ziploc bag and then cut the corner off and squeeze into bowl.

Combine flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. In a separate bowl mix egg milk, oil and mashed banana, combine wet and dry ingredients but don’t over mix. It is okay if it is lumpy. Pour ¼-1/2 cup batter on hot griddle and flip when bubbles start to form on top. Add chopped pecans or chocolate chips to batter on griddle before flipping if you would like!

5 comments:

Lori said...

Yummmmmm! I can't wait to try this. I always freeze over ripe bananas with the skins on then I can just take them out of the freezer, micro for a couple of seconds, and slip them right out of their peel.
This recipe is a great way to use them.

Ashley C. said...

not gonna lie- banana pancakes sound disgusting.. eeewwww. i think i am with kate on those ones.

as for the syrup- just made some of that yesterday. love that recipe.

Dan said...

So once I tried a switcheroo by putting pure maple syrup in place of the homemade stuff A really likes. It single-handedly ruined breakfast. She called me out on the first bite. I can't say I've fully converted, but in a house where this is the one and only I've been pleasantly satisfied. Pour it on hot for the full effect.

Adrianne said...

umm dan- you didn't sub it out with pure maple syrup. You snuck in Log Cabin or some thick cold straight karo syrup garbage. And yes I can tell good syrup on the first bite.

This is why I am so limited when I go out to breakfast- I can't have anything that requires syrup. Except for bananna stuffed french toast. Now there is a new breakfast item worth trying!! yum!

Malma said...

looks delicious!