Friday, February 27, 2009

Crepes

We had crepes for dinner on Tuesday Night for Pancake day! My kids were in heaven. Crepes stuffed with strawberries, blueberries, and bananas, topped with whipped cream and syrup! This was the first time I had made crepes and they turned out great!! Reminds me of freshman year when we would go to crepe parties. I'm not quite sure what I was putting on my crepe but I don't remember liking them very much. Silly me I was probably lathering them with Nutella and then gagging them down!

Crepes
4 eggs lightly beaten
1 1/3 cup milk
2 T butter melted
1 cup flour
2 T sugar
½ t salt
2 t vanilla

Mix all ingredients in the blender until smooth, and then refrigerate for a couple of hours if you have the time. Heat a medium-sized skillet or crepe pan over medium heat. Grease pan with a small amount of butter or oil applied with a brush or paper towel. (I used Pam and it worked great) Using a serving spoon or small ladle, spoon about 2- 3 tablespoons crepe batter into hot pan, tilting the pan so that bottom surface is evenly coated. If the batter is the right consistency it should spread out into a nice little circle for you. (add a little milk if you need to) Cook over medium heat, 1 to 2 minutes on a side, or until golden brown. Serve immediately with berries, cream, syrup and Nutella if you are into that!

4 comments:

Courtney said...

Wow....I am been such an awful blogger as of lately...I am going to have to celebrate pancake week next week with all of these lovely recipes. I am very fond of crepes!!!

Ashley C. said...

i did love that crepe place in jerusalem, on ben yeduha street. Is that how that is spelled? anyway..
never ventured into crepes myself. i will have to be brave and attempt them now that i have mastered the breadstick!

Lori said...

Sounds great. I love cheese blintz's at vegas buffets. I will have to try it with the crepes.
Thanks

Dan said...

Ash, I don't remember ben yeduha street but ben yehuda was a fun place. As for the crepes, bury them in berries and they are awesome. I'll pass on the nutella.