Sunday, February 1, 2009

Why Salt?

So a new blog and a new title. You are either nodding your approval in agreement of the title or you are wondering why salt? so I will explain

I am salt. Or at least was once called salt - as part of an inseparable pair of cousins who looked as different as salt and pepper. My Aunt Annie called us salt and pepper.


Megan was killed in a car accident nearly 10 years ago and now I have a blond little Meg in my life as a reminder of my wonderful friend and cousin.

I am a little salty.
Feel free to read all of the definitions on dictionary.com but I liked
a lively character, sharp, and witty

and for the nature of the blog: interesting and agreeably stimulating

I like salt.
The four basic taste sensations are sweet, bitter, sour or salty. Salt is a THE most important spice in my cupboard. I may even be guilty of over salting my food. I love salt. And did you know that a little salt actually enhances sweetness?

And Salt is my favorite scripture allegory. As found in Matthew 5:13

so please take me with "just a hint of salt"

7 comments:

john said...

I also like salt.
And I am very excited for the new blog.
And, am I one of the all time first commentor on Justahintofsalt.blogspot.com? Am I the best in law ever?
Chuck tomorrow night. see you there.

Ashley C. said...

okay. i wanted to be the first comment. but so did john.. so i was a nice wife and i let him....

love, love, love the picture of you and megan. it made me a bit teary though. i just really wish she was still here. i miss her. a lot.

i love that you are a bit salty. it has always made me happy- and actually you are also one of the sweetest, most thoughtful, nicest people i know. so even if you profess to be salty- you are not really all that salty.

i am excited for all the great things that this blog will bring- sure love you. thanks for tonight. you sure are a great fan.

Erin said...

Love the title of your new blog and I look forward to all your posts!

cdsdds said...

We get to try all of the test recipes. Deal?

Brittany said...

love it!

Mushie said...

A bit salty!!!! Yes you have always adding a lot of spice to our life! Love the new blog!
M&D

Liz said...

Oh, what a cute picture. Brought tears to my eyes.