Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Spread Love Not Germs!

How to make homemade soap
By Annie


1. First gather your supplies: clear Glycerin soap, soap dye and fragrance (all available at the craft store), rubbing alcohol in a spray bottle, cookie cutter or mold

2. Take soap and cut it up into little pieces and put into a bowl.

3. Next put the bowl into the microwave. It might take a long time until it is melted. (melt for 1-2 minutes at a time- and it will take about 10 minutes)

4. After it is melted add smell and color.


5. Pour into a cookie pan. Spray with special spray (rubbing alcohol) very quickly to get the bubbles away.


6. Next put it in the fridge and wait about 10 minutes and when it is hard you can cut it out with a cookie cutter.


7. Or after step 4 you can pour it into a mold. The refrigerate until hardened.



8. Last deliver them to your friends with a little note that says " Spread Love Not Germs."

8 comments:

Marianne said...

How fun...and original! I <3 it!

Lauren Parker said...

i need a mom like you to come help me find fun things to do!! haha such a cute idea :]

Dan said...

Good job Annie, your soaps turned out perfect. You are as talented as your mom. They should make a great Valentine's gift.

Courtney said...

Annie- I am loving this idea! You are so lucky that you got to hang out with Kate Sampson too! She is one of my favorite people. I hope get lots of love not lots of germs!! Happy Valentines!

Ashley C. said...

we love the soaps... thanks a gazillion for sharing with us. we sure love you guys.

It's Been a Day! said...

very cute. I think this is such a great idea. I might have to use this as a fun thing to do with Tyson! Way to go Annie.

Lori said...

cute and fun. My girls would go crazy over make soap. We will have to do it for fun one day.

Lori said...

I changed my blog address and it is no longer private. www.7dayadventureists.blogspot.com