Monday, February 9, 2009

mmm! Valentines Candy!

I am not usually a candy person. But something about the limited engagement of my favorite treats makes me an absolute lunatic in the candy aisle. LOVE, LOVE the sugar covered cinnamon hearts. And although cinnamon shapes appear for almost every holiday ie cinnamon devils and santas - only for valentines are they generously covered in sugar! But please don't confuse them with the jelly hearts- yuck.

I would NEVER buy six bags of candy unless of course it was all in the name of holiday candy! When loading your cart full of assorted varieties is not seen as a weakness but a necessity. It is completely acceptable for the "seasonal aisle" to be jammed with women placing 4, 5 or even 6 bags of candy in their carts. But you would mutter under your breath if you saw similar behavior in the regular candy aisle.

Just like with Girl Scout Cookies we have moments of temporary insanity. Justifying our sweet tooth with that great "limited edition" item. Like today when in search of said cinnamon hearts I discovered Red fruit Starburst Jellybeans - just the Red fruits. Wow! I thought I was going to have to wait until Easter for these. And have you seen the new all green M&Ms. They are rumored to increase your romance levels! Haven't heard whether it is true or not (I was just going to buy them the day after Valentines for my St. Patty's Day candy) but it really makes me wonder which one of my Jr. High Buddies is working for marketing at M&M!

mmm! the jelly beans are awesome!

4 comments:

RETTJ16 said...

Haahaa I so do that with the seasonal candy!! My favorite is either Valentines or Easter candy!! Love it! Rett always asks why i buy so many bags and it is true--gotta get you thru until next year!:)

Ashley C. said...

oh how i love valentines candy. it for sure is my favorite. but in attempts to be good this year.. haven't bought a bag yet.

though i did sneak some at your house- so oh well.

easter candy never dissapoints either.

Tatiana said...

Those little devils looked so good to me, that I ran out today and found some. Bad idea. I ate way too many. Got a sugar headache and the guilt to go along with it. Also, I couldn't find them in their own little package, so I had to get them from the bulk section, which sort of gives me the heebie jeebies wondering about how many hands have been in the bin. BTW, for my sake, don't even go posting pics of those chocolate Cadbury Easter eggs.

Courtney said...

You are on a roll....I love all your post thus far. I think just a hint of salt is perfect for me....great recipes, fun ideas and just a enough sass to make me laugh!